[deleted.]

So today I decided to take the reins.

I deleted all of the social networking sites off of my phone, barring one: Snapchat.

My reasons behind this?

I got tired. It was beginning to get to me. I mean, research has even proven that social media is a trigger for depression. After watching people day in and day out... post their lives, take pictures just to post later, sit on their phones with other people around {guilty as charged...}

It just
Made me realize what a huge lying trap it is.

I have felt so unhappy lately. And while part of it may not be directly related to social media, I think subconsciously, some of it was.

And I just grew sick of everything being so fake. On my Instagram, I've tried to keep it real... I posted pictures of what I loved, things I found funny, people I loved, and capped them off with clever captions. I detested "basic" posts or the "typical" Instagram routine, but I was just falling into it. The same went with Twitter.

But then it hit me.

Why on earth
Do I have to prove my life to people?

What is this, a competition?

I want friendships and connections, not likes on a screen.

So I just decided to let it all go.

Deleting things was easier than I thought-- A few taps and temptation vanished.

Afterwards I decided to clean my room, and get rid of all negative and cluttered energy within my space that was subconsciously causing a booby trap of a life style.

It was funny-- On Halloween I went with a group of German students for a state-wide organization meeting at Busch Garden's Hall-O-Scream. I ended up losing my phone.

LOL I recovered it though, by some miracle... But even when I got it back, I didn't take pictures or use it all that often. Mostly because I was lacking space on my device.

However, it made me realize
how much better it is to just experience. You don't have to record/snapchat/post EVERY FRIGGING THING around you.

It's soooo much more enjoyable that way.

Another reason I decided to abandon Social Media ship is because of excess expectations and judgement.
It's like
Dude, I'm on my own track of life now.
I don't need you
Or anyone
Judging
My life decisions
My favorite things
My dreams
My goals.

So I quit.

And I was left with Snapchat. I was debating whether to delete it when I created a 4 minute long Snapchat story basically illustrating my lack of time for things I love anymore due to a social media vaccuum. {I may post that story here once I figure out how to convert it to a usable vid file....}

***{I think I got it!}*** 


But anways.

Because Snapchat is fleeting in nature and not permanently hanging around for people to see forever, I think I'll keep it. But everything else? Gone. 
It's the free-est I've felt in a while, and honestly, I think I won't turn back.

xoxo