Life as of Lately: A Backwards Winter


How lucky we are to be alive right now :D
Here's what I've been up to!

[Reading] Sweetbitter by Stephanie Danler. It's about a girl from a less than city area moving to NYC to fill empty holes she feels like she has at 22 years old. She lands a job at the greatest restaurant in NYC and gets caught up in the love triangles and drama of the establishment, all while finding herself in the most precarious years of her life. Almost finished with it! 10/10, would TOTES recommend.

[Writing] Essays. About high school student health. Stay tuned.

[Learning] Patience, financial restraint, and the power of chocolate covered doughnuts.

[Doing] work! Finally settling into the virtual assistant job and I couldn't be happier. I just got paid the other day, so that's fun! Also reading a lot, doing homework, and trying to focus on things that make me happy!

[Eating] Chocolate covered doughnuts, dumplings, rice and beans, and oatmeal!!! No "ragrets" (; 

[Drinking] Gatorade, milk, water. Loving that water. 

[Listening] To Mayer's new music! Among other things. Check it out:



[Laughing] at how superficial some people are. I love feeling alive. Sorry if that bugs some people.

[Thinking] about my purpose. There's been a ton of soul searching recently, and I'm hoping to expand on it in the coming weeks. Watch this space.

[Hoping] to God that our country can get on the course it needs to be on. Love is the only thing that's gonna overcome this shit. So please, love thy neighbor. Please. 

[Loving] the previous long weekend, Mayer's new music, Sweetbitter, hella supportive roommates, my classes thus far (all minus one, really), my newfound freedom, and my new job!!!

[Praying] for everyone. Everywhere. You got this.

How's 2017 unraveling for you guys?

💚,
Steph